On the second of December, we hosted a FLL tournament at University of Dayton. The tournament was fun and exciting. The refs and the judges were extremely impressed with each of the teams designs. The FLL team, Thunderbots, won first place. Our members had a great experience and are looking forward to doing it again next year.
For the past few months, we had set up a restaurant takeover at Chipotle. Overall, it was a great success. Teachers and students in the area happily came over and ate. We had fun and look forward to our next takeover. We took a few pictures, so please check out our Instagram account. If you would like to donate to our team, click the donate tab.
On the 5 of August, we went to the Dayton Mini Maker Faire. At our booth, we talked to a lot of children about FIRST. They got the chance to drive Specter. We also got the chance to go on main stage and talk about FIRST and the team. For the Boneyard build off, we went to Mendelson's Run a few days before to get supplies to build the robot. At the event, we used scrap parts to build the robot and because it was pink we named it 'Flamingo'. We competed with five other teams. We got first by audience selection. We had fun and hope to do this again next year. We got to see a lot of cool things there. Look here for more information about the Faire.
Today, we went to the Air Force Museum for family day. We worked with the Innovators, Powerstacks, the FTC team, and Technomages, the FLL team. We talked to people who were interested in FIRST and showed both kids and adults how to run the robot. We also showed them how to shoot the boulders from the Stronghold competition. We had fun and hope to continue going to the Family Days at the Air Force Museum.
On June 24, most of our team members arrived, at eight in the morning, at CORI. During our first match, we successfully climbed the airship. We made it to eighth seed. We partnered up with Innovators Robotics and Lakota Robotics. We ended the day as the runner up finalists. We had fun and hope to do it again next year.
On June 24, members of our team went to the Dayton Air Show. At the Air show, we worked with 1038, Lakota Robotics. Our robot was a CORI, so we displayed three of Lakota's robots. Throughout the day we talked to people about FIRST and our robotics teams. We also got many people interested in FLL Jr, and FLL. We had fun and saw many cool things. We hope to come again next year and show our robot and get even more people interested in FIRST Robotics.
On June 17, BONDS Robotics attended the June Family Day at the Air Force Museum. We attended with the FIRST Robotics Competition team 3138, Innovator Robotics, and the FTC team 5029, Power Stackers. We enjoyed a day of working with students and families, and introducing them to the power of the FIRST Program. At the museum, we let kids drive the robots, and told them about the levels of the different programs that they could participate in. We had over a dozen students sign up for more information, and hundreds of students and parents passed through our demonstration.
This week was a good week. We went to Chicago for the Midwest Regional competition. During the competition, our bot was able to climb and deliver the gears to the airship. We had some trail and errors, but in the end of the day our bot did really well. Our marketing team presented Chairman's Award and did a good job. We did not get picked for alliance selections and sadly we did not win the Chairman's Award. We did, however, had fun at this year's competition and are ready for next year. We can't wait.
On March 9 through March 11, we went to the Miami Valley Regional. On March 9, we worked on the robot and updated it so it would be ready for qualification matches. We were only able to do one practice match. On March 10 and 11 , on our first match , the robot got rammed and the battery flew out of the robot. After we fixed the problem, our bot was able to climb the rope. Later in the competition, while the bot was climbing the rope, the rope snapped and the robot dropped unable to signal the airship. We were able to fix the rope for our up coming match, but during the match one of the motors for the wheels stopped functioning. After our minor mishaps, the…
Build team started machining the shifting gear box and continued testing the shooter. We re-assembled the elevator only to find that we were having issues with the belts walking off of the pulleys. We reprinted them and also began machining our new front section. On Wednesday, we finished remounting the elevator. Marketing started making the video for the Women's University of Dayton game. We have also started on spirit item ideas and ordering T-shirts. On Thursday the 18th, the team will be having a fundraiser at the America Slovak Club.